Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Toughest time

So far, I have been really feeling good about this deployment. I have had my moments of "a year is a fucking long time" but I have a journal I keep by my side to right in and those moments pass. Many people say that the toughest time of day for them during a deployment is at nighttime. Of course, I have to be different and the nights are not bothering me so much. I have accepted that Jack will not be home at night and I move on. It means I can play online or watch whatever I want on TV. The toughest time for me is between the hours of 7am and 3pm. Why? Because of the time difference, I know that Jack is awake during those times and I wait for a text, email, call or IM from him. (By waiting, I don't mean that I am sitting doing nothing. I mean that everytime my cell phone goes off, I grab it because it might be him.) Once 3pm hits, I know that the chances of him calling me are slim because he is getting ready to go to sleep for the night. Thankfully, I am working between those hours (or getting ready for work) so I can stay busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment